Hello! Welcome to Always More Gear.
I’m Paddy and Always More Gear is (about to be) my music gear blog and video channel. You’re going to find reviews, shootouts, and comparisons of all sorts of guitar gear.
Some of the videos I’m working on for the next few weeks include:
- Echoes for days: my premium reverb shootout with the Boss RV-500 vs Strymon Big Sky vs Source Audio Ventris!
- The Orange ‘super speaker cone shootout’: the Rocker 32’s 10″ speaker vs a PPC 1×12 with Celestion Vintage 30 vs a Jim Root 2×12
- The Brent Hinds Terror – why I think it’s the best Terror yet (and no, it’s not just because of the whole Mastodon thing)
- Harley Benton’s vintage 1×12: can a budget cabinet take on the big boys?
- EHX Memory Man Deluxe 1100T vs 550T vs Memory Boy Deluxe – which delay’s right for you?
- Angry Charlie vs Angry Driver – who’s the angriest of them all?
- Wampler high-gain shoot-out: Sovereign vs Dracarys vs Triple Wreck (and I might throw the Catapulp in there too!)
- Cab modelling: Two Notes Captor/Wall of Sound vs Mesa Boogie Cab Clone
Until then, you can look me up on YouTube, Instagram and Twitter – follow me now and you’ll be the first to hear when the videos launch!
Simply put, Always More Gear is all about the gear that I’m into and figuring out the answers to the questions that I’ve got about them, so it can help you find your tone. How do these high-gain distortions compare? How does that epic reverb compare to this one? What are the differences between my Memory Man Deluxe and Memory Boy Deluxe delays? Can I really play metal with a 10” speaker cone?
I’m working on the first videos right now so it’ll be launching in the next few weeks.
Until then, find out a little more here.